Monday, May 23, 2016

Walking with God to Overcome Faults that Trip You Up


I've been going through a season where I'm learning a lot, and have had to come face to face with things I need to improve on. It's tough when it feels like you're being picked on, and you feel very convicted about things that have been said or done. But I am so thankful that God is showing me these things because I wouldn't be able to change without it.

I am currently reading a devotional about pain, that mentions if we didn't feel pain sometimes we wouldn't change; and we also wouldn't value the happy times as much. So in these tough moments when I'm feeling convicted and in the hard process of taking baby steps to allow God to help me overcome some character traits, I am allowing God to help me to be more loving to others in every area of my life. 

Have you shared those same frustrations of getting upset with someone, and allowing your words to come out very harshly on them? Do you get irritated, discouraged, or upset easily? Judge others?

God has been showing me these thoughts and actions I've been taking, but with prayer and asking Him to teach me, I am seeing small steps towards overcoming these, and other things, so I can love others the way God wants and needs me to, unconditionally.

Forgiveness has also been a huge part of the process. Being able to fully let go and forgive others  for past hurts and fully forgive myself- this allows for God's healing to take place, and for you to draw nearer to Him. I've learned that when there are things in the middle, they may block the fullness of His presence and your time with Him

Acts 3:19 Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord


Written by Laura 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, welcome! Feel free to comment :)