Saturday, July 9, 2016

Trusting God

During both happy and tough seasons, it's important to rely on God and trust in Him fully. I thought that each day I was trusting in God completely and wholeheartedly, but when it comes to the things I really hold tightly to, I realized I have not been fully relinquishing control of them to God.

When I get really nervous or tense, or even scared and fearful I crumble when it comes to trusting fully. This became so clear to me yesterday, when I found myself shaking and fearful of failure in a situation that was both uncomfortable but necessary. I desperately wanted to succeed and found myself trying to play out all the facts in my mind of how I could be successful and how I could manipulate the situation to work out how I wanted. Until I realized, that I was shaking and so fearful because I couldn't fully let the situation and outcome go, and trust God. 

I learned so much about myself this week. In situations where I am unsure and lacking confidence in myself, I need to remember how much God cares and is with me, just as He is with you. Allow His will to be done in your life, and trust Him. Allow God to amaze you, as He did with me. He calmed me, brought me back to center, and allowed me to find deep peace outside the situation that was causing me fear. 

I'm learning each day to let go a little more, even when I think I fully have, I have to push myself because when it comes to the little things that are holding us back, they have to be dealt with in order for God to keep moving us forward in the direction He needs us. 

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.  

Written by Laura 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, welcome! Feel free to comment :)